CHICKEN WITH GARLIC ACCOMPANIED BY A SAUCE MADE OF BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1 – ½ lbs Chicken breasts – boneless
6 to 8 crushed cloves of garlic
1 cup Chicken stock
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbs corn starch
2 tbs cold water
Flour (if required)
Garnish with parsley, basil, or thyme
Season with ground black pepper and salt.
This recipe makes four servings
1. Before sautéing the chicken pieces in a large skillet, lightly coat them with flour if required.
2. Sauté the chicken for a several minutes until it has a golden brown colour.
3. Whilst the chicken is cooking add the crushed garlic and turn the chicken pieces over. 4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add chicken stock or broth and balsamic vinegar to the chicken and garlic.
6. Cover the pan and cook for a further five to ten minutes on a reduced heat.
7. When the chicken is cooked and is tender remove from the pan and keep to one side ensuring that it is kept warm and covered.
8. Blend together the water and the corn starch until you have a smooth mixture.
9. Transfer your corn starch and water mixture to the pan containing the balsamic, garlic and broth mixture gradually. Ensure that the mixture is constantly stirred.
10. When the mixture has reached the boil for a couple of minutes it should thicken and the final result should be a smooth sauce.
11. To serve, pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish each place with some of the fresh herbs.
balsamic garlic chicken
Technorati Tags: balsamic garlic chicken